CREATIVITY: DESIGNED SERENDIPITY
Statement: Sound is an integral factor in creating an emotional connection in storytelling, yet its invisibility often leaves it overlooked and left to fill the role of “don’t be bad enough to be noticed”. Gaming potential has moved into a realm of emotional engagement and creative expression previously occupied only by movies. They have the potential to grow far beyond, but only if we learn to flex all of our creative storytelling and engagement muscles.
Also, recording and making sounds is a heck of a lot of fun!
- To tell stories with sound
- To produce high quality, memorable and iconic sound design for video games and film
- To play with sound
- To have fun exploring something new
- To break things and point microphones at them
- To do this with a group of people that enjoy creating as much as I do
Select Gaming Credits:
- First Contact – Sound Designer
- inFAMOUS First Light – Senior Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS Second Son – Senior Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – Lead Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS 2 – Lead Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS – Lead Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- Hellgate: London – Sound Mixer/ additional Sound Designer
- Medal of Honor: Airborne – additional Sound Designer & Cinematic mixer
- Medal of Honor: Vanguard – additional cinematic mixing
- Grim Fandango/ Grim Fandango Remastered – Cinematic Sound Designer, additional interactive Sound Designer
Current show reels:
2015 Sound Design Show Reel
Singularity Power from inFamous First Light
Concrete Powers from inFamous Second Son
That’s my balding head you see in all those pictures. I spent a long autumn recording concrete in as many stages of disrepair, vibration, scratching, sliding, rubbing, breaking, impacting, etc, as I could. My colleague Brad Meyer/ Aural Surgeon is the
poor sap unlucky fellownice guy rolling around the trash bin of concrete rubble. That’s his voice, too. Yeah, and the video, too. He made the video. Those concrete powers? Those are all me. From Aural Surgeon on Vimeo.
Video Powers from inFamous Second Son
As above, you can see me featured in the making of video. I have a tendency to forget to document what I’m doing for posterity, so my colleague Brad Meyer/ Aural Surgeon had the fun of recreating some of the TV monitor recording I did in order to create this short in-house demo of what was going on. Thanks, Brad! From Aural Surgeon on Vimeo.
The Mission Statement Video:
Kind words from A Sound Effect:
Seattle’s KING5 news did a story on their Evening show regarding my recording hobby:
Follow along on a map:
Latest Recordings on Soundcloud:
Seattle Field Recordists:
A bunch of us get together to record material for private libraries. Kristoffer Larson and Aural Surgeon documented one event, a large glass-breaking session. That’s me on top of the truck. I’m not sure how I ended up there, other than I’m short and wasn’t afraid of falling through the roof.
Sound and sound effects design, organic and creature sound effects, interactive mixing, field recording, bird and nature recording, sound editing, audio implementation, real-time audio scripting, recording that one weird sound you thought there never be a use for, brewing Turkish coffee, dawdling !!NOT WEBSITE DESIGN!!