CREATIVITY: DESIGNED SERENDIPITY
Recording and making sounds is a lot of fun! Playing with sound is enjoyable. Storytelling is emotionally moving. I want to bring that fun and enjoyment and emotional depth to users and viewers. If I can use sound to effect a person’s understanding of their world or game and project, then I feel I’ve done my job. It’s not just about “making a sound for a game element”, but making the game, story, film, or other project feel real.
- To play with sound
- To tell stories with sound
- To go explore something new
- To break things in front of microphones
- To listen mindfully to the world around me
- To do this with a group of people that enjoy creating as much as I do
Select Gaming and Interactive VR Credits:
- Ralph Breaks VR – Sound Designer, Skywalker Sound*
- Pillars of Eternity II – Sound Designer: Ambiences
- State of Decay 2 – Field Recordist
- Moss – Special Thanks to Northwest Soundscapes for field recordings
- First Contact – Sound Designer
- inFAMOUS First Light – Senior Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS Second Son – Senior Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – Lead Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS 2 – Lead Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- inFAMOUS – Lead Sound Designer & Audio Monkey
- Hellgate: London – Sound Mixer/ additional Sound Designer
- Medal of Honor: Airborne – additional Sound Designer & Cinematic mixer
- Medal of Honor: Vanguard – additional cinematic mixing
- Grim Fandango/ Grim Fandango Remastered – Cinematic Sound Designer, additional interactive Sound Designer
*MPSE Golden Reel nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing – Special Venue
Recent show reels:
2015 Sound Design Show Reel
Singularity Power from inFamous First Light
Concrete Powers from inFamous Second Son
That’s my balding head you see in all those pictures. I spent a long autumn recording concrete in as many stages of disrepair, vibration, scratching, sliding, rubbing, breaking, impacting, etc, as I could. My colleague Brad Meyer/ Aural Surgeon is the
poor sap unlucky fellownice guy rolling around the trash bin of concrete rubble. That’s his voice, too. Yeah, and the video, too. He made the video. Those concrete powers? Those are all me. From Aural Surgeon on Vimeo.
Video Powers from inFamous Second Son
As above, you can see me featured in the making of video. I have a tendency to forget to document what I’m doing for posterity, so my colleague Brad Meyer/ Aural Surgeon had the fun of recreating some of the TV monitor recording I did in order to create this short in-house demo of what was going on. Thanks, Brad! From Aural Surgeon on Vimeo.
The Mission Statement Video:
Kind words from A Sound Effect:
Seattle’s KING5 news did a story on their Evening show regarding my recording hobby:
Follow along on a map:
Latest Recordings on Soundcloud:
Seattle Field Recordists:
A bunch of us get together from time-to-time to record material for private libraries. Kristoffer Larson and Aural Surgeon documented one event, a large glass-breaking session. That’s me on top of the truck. I’m not sure how I ended up there, other than I’m short and wasn’t afraid of falling through the roof.
Sound and sound effects design, organic and creature sound effects, interactive mixing, field recording, bird and nature recording, sound editing, audio implementation, real-time audio scripting, recording that one weird sound you thought there never be a use for, brewing Turkish coffee, dawdling.